8.25.2010

It is raining this morning.

I love it when it rains. The humidity gets tolerable this time of year and the bugs aren't in a state of attack as soon as I walk outside. Yet, as soon as the sun comes back out the bugs will go back to their natural state.
I slept pretty well last night. Getting in bed around nine o'clock is always a good thing. Especially when Abraham is already fast asleep in it. I fell asleep fast last night. It's a rarity when that happens. My mind is usually running a mile a minute; thinking about this and that. Last night was Schoolhouse Rock. I think I used to know...well maybe I still do...almost every song. Watching it in Miss Booth's 5th and 6th grade classes were the best. My best friends, Lindsee and Lisa, named our space project after Interplanet Janet. We even drew our spaceship in her shape. We might have been obsessed. Anyway, that's all I recall from last night. I'm happy it was a 5K and not a marathon!



This is me. Just glimpses of some dancing I did in my prime. I wish I had more. I'm in white.

I danced in my dream last night. It felt great. I was actually dancing pretty good, which most often I dream I'm doing the opposite. Sometimes I want to dance again. I know it is something that is a gift of mine, but as I was folding clothes this morning, I felt that I am where I need to be in my life right now. Being a helpmeet for Abraham right now is important for our marriage. Helping him with school right now is helping to secure his career, and that will make our life easier in the future. Staying home with Jocelyn and spending lots of time with her is needed greatly since much of her life so far has been in constant change. I need to be here for her.
I am grateful to look back at where I've been and what I've been through seeing how much I have been guided by my Father in Heaven. He has been there the entire time, and has only put things in my path that I could handle. I'm grateful for:
the rain
my hard-working husband
falling asleep quickly
old memories and friends
pleasant dreams
my motherhood
knowing I'm needed.


2 comments:

  1. I wish that the whole video was of you dancing. That was a great competition. Then we could see you dancing like you saw in your dream. I excited for you new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily:) I am excited for it too. I look forward to what you have to say! I wish I had more video of me dancing. It's one thing I regret not having much of. You'd think I would have plenty considering how much of my life was dedicated to it...but sadly I don't.

    ReplyDelete