8.31.2010

We are ageing.

Lately, I have been thinking about how old I really am. I think whoever said that 25 is when your body begins to get old was right. For example, Abraham spit out the car window (I know...gross) yesterday and then moaned "aowwww". Yes...spitting out a window caused his back great pain.  Lesson from story= getting old.
Abraham and I realized how old everyone is in our ward last Sunday as well. We are definitely the babies of our Sunday School class. And when I say babies, I mean that we are younger by like 10 years or more. The few other "baby" couples in our ward are in primary, and when I say "few" I mean two. We stand out because we walk too fast and don't die our hair. There is one chair in the mother's lounge, and it is ALWAYS empty.
Abraham told me he would rather die than get to an age where he relied on a cane. I told him that he would, and that I would have a walker...tennis balls included. With the rate I feel my body is aging already, it is evidence enough to presume that I will definitely need some kind of assistance by the time I am 75, probably earlier. I hope he has perfectly silver hair like his dad.
Abraham bringing a crying/screaming Jocelyn into the house. Maybe we start aging when we become parents?
It's OK to get old though. The years fly by faster, you know who you are better and what you like, and you have more friends...because families grow over time and that means more friends:)

No comments:

Post a Comment