8.31.2010

Feeling happy.

I have been feeling very happy lately. It is exciting! I know a (very) large part has to do with my consistency with reading the scriptures and praying regularly. It was amazing to see Jocelyn fold her arms for the prayer before dinner last night. Abraham and I just looked at each other in shock to see her get ready, even though we didn't ask/tell her to. It was awesome. It made me feel like she is learning how to be reverent...and we, as parents, are doing something right! 
Last night I made cinnamon rolls for the first time. They turned out to be great and Abraham took some to school this morning to share with some of his friends/airmen. When he brought my chocolate chip cookies a few weeks ago, he found out he gets bonus points for company morale. I thought bringing cinnamon rolls would give him even more points. Hopefully the guys liked them.
It took me a little while to get fall asleep last night. I kept thinking of really happy things...but I don't remember what they were. Sad. I need to write them down when I think of them from now on because I always forget them, no matter how much I try to remember. 
Just like now...I am writing this so I don't forget how much joy there is in my life. Heavenly Father has really blessed me. Although we have to wait a while to own a home, we have been blessed to live in some nice places. The trees in our yard here in NC are very beautiful to look at. 

They provide a lot of shade so that our house stays cooler throughout the day. I see cute, little squirrels running up and down their trunks daily. We live on a quiet street and our neighbors are very nice. 
I read this quote today:
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. -- Oscar Wilde
I am hoping that we are causing happiness wherever we go.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling happy. Your neighborhood looks so lovely. How I long to live where there is a lot of green and not stucco homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you're so happy! (i just realized that's a quote from a great song called 'Happy'). I really am though! There's nothing better than when our loved ones are happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks sisters:) I hope you know your comments make me happy...

    ReplyDelete